200g Self Raising Flour
50g Castor Sugar
1 Tablespoon Jam
Sieve, Mixing Bowl, Palette Knife, Small Basin, Fork, Chopping Board, Flour dredger, Wooden Spoon And Baking Tray.
- Pre-heat oven 180'c/ Gas 6.
- Grease a baking tray.
- Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Cut The fat into small pieces.
- Place in the mixing bowl with the flour.
- Add the sugar.
- Rub the ingredients together with the fingertips until the mixture looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg in a small basin with fork.
- Add the egg to the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Using the palette knife, bind the mixture to a stiff dough.
- Knead lightly.
- Shape the dough into a round and divide into 8 even sized pieces.
- Roll each piece in the palm of the hand until smooth.
- Lightly press each piece onto a baking tray.
- Make a hole in the centre of each bun and fill with jam.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and firm to touch.
- Carefully lift the cooked cakes onto a cooling tray.
Hope You Enjoy Them! =]
I Got This Recipe From My School x