honey drop sconesrating:
225g/8oz self raising flour
½ tsp mixed spice
55g/2oz caster sugar
1 tbsp clear honey
1 egg, beaten
300ml/½ pint milk
oil for cooking
1. Place the flour, mixed spice and sugar in bowl making a well in the centre.
2. Mix the honey and egg together and pour into the centre of the flour mixture.
3. Gradually add the milk, beating well until smooth.
4. Use oil to lightly grease a heavy based frying pan or griddle and heat until moderately hot.
5. Drop 1 tbsp of the mixture into the pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the underneath is golden brown. Turn over, cook the other side for a further 1-2 minutes.
6. Place between a tea towel or kitchen paper and keep warm. Repeat until all the batter is used.