little blueberry cakesrating:
from Sainsbury's Magazine July 2007
Makes 12. Prep time 20 mins plus 30 mins chilling. Cook time 15 mins. Can be frozen
125g unsalted butter
2 medium eggs
60g golden caster sugar
half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
50g plain flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
50g ground almonds
pinch of salt
- Melt the butter and lightly brush a 12 hole bun tin with it. Leave the rest to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and sugar together until pale yellow and frothy.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and, using a large metal spoon (it doesn't say why), gently fold in to the egg mixture, adding a a pinch of salt and the almonds.
- Gently (seems to be the key word in this one) fold in the cooled melted butter and the blueberries.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 200C (gas mark 6), spoon the mixture into the bun tin - fill the holes to the top - and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Nutritional info per cake: 152 kcals; 11.9g fat of which 6.1g saturated fat; 9.4g carbs 2.4g protein; 5.2g added sugar; 0.2g salt; 0.6g fibre