power oat bars with cranberriesrating:
This easy recipe comes from a children's cookbook called 'Clever Cooks'. A lady in my office brought some in and they were delicious. Very moist. She said that they are never quite the same twice as it is not possible to measure the golden syrup with any degree of accuracy.
If cut into 24 there will be 91 calories in each.
85g brown sugar
3 TBS golden syrup
half tsp salt
130g porridge oats
35g chopped dried apple
35g chopped dried apricots
25g dried cranberries
25g pumpkin seeds
2 TBS sunflower seeds
25g desiccated coconut
- Take a 20cm square baking tin, lightly oil it and line with greaseproof paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C 350F or gas mark 4.
- In a pan, melt the butter, sugar, golden syrup and salt.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and stir in the butter mixture.
- Spoon into the tin. Press down with a potato masher to level the surface.
- Bake int he oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool, then chill in the fridge.
- Cut into bars and serve.