This is very yummy and a good way to use up lots of eggplant.
1 eggplant, washed and sliced into 8 1/2 inch slices,i use the nicer ones from the center and work my way out..d
2 cups mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs, seasoned with garlic powder
1 cup olive oil
2 cups spaghetti sauce
6-8 servings 1-2 eggplant slices
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. mix egg and milk together in bowl, blend.
2. heat olive oil in med frying pan.
3. dip eggplant slices into egg/milk mixture.
4. dip eggplant into breadcrumbs.
5. place 4 slices at a time, into olive oil in frying pan.
6. fry eggplant on each side, until each side is golden brown (you want them crispy, not mushy).
7. remove eggplant from skillet, and place on paper towels to drain excess oil.
8. repeat dipping and frying proces with other 4 eggplant slices.
9. place 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce into 9x13 casserole dish.
10. place eggplant into bottom of cassserole.
11. pour spaghetti sauce over top of eggplant.
12. sprinkle mozzarella/parmesan cheese over top of spaghetti sauce.
13. bake in 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.
14. serve over pasta if desired.