grilled red onion and potato saladrating:
By Barney Desmazery from BBC Good Food Magazine
preparation time 10 minutes; cooking time 30 minutes
900g small potatoes, halved
6 TBS olive oil
3 TBS balsamic vinegar
3 red onions, peeled and sliced into finger-thick slices
2 handfuls flat-leaf parsley leaves, very roughly chopped
- Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until just cooked.
- In a large bowl, stir together the oil and vinegar and some salt and pepper.
- On a hot BBQ (or a grill) grill the onion slices for 5 minutes until lightly charred.
- Toss the hot onions, separating them into rings, into the dressing.
- Toss the potatoes in a small amount of oil and grill on the BBQ, cut side down, for about 5 minutes until browned, then toss with the onions.
- Mix in the parsley and serve.