sesame prawn toastsrating:
25g minced pork fat or lard or stork (not butter)
125g peeled prawns either raw (grey) or cooked (pink) - finely chopped - cooked are better for this dish as they cook more quickly
1 lightly beaten egg white
3 tsp cornflour
3 slices thin white crustless bread
75g sesame seeds
sunflower or canola oil for frying
- Mix together the first four ingredients carefully.
- Spread this mixture onto the slices of crustless bread.
- Sprinkle and cover each slice with a good layer of sesame seeds.
- Press carefully down on the seeds with the back of a large spoon or knife to mae them stick.
- Heat the oil in a wok until a cube of day old bread browns in 25-30 seconds.
- Carefully lower the toasts, spread side down, into the oil using a suitable spatula and deep fry for about 90 seconds for cooked prawns or 3-5 minutes for raw prawns.
- Turn them over and cook for a few seconds onthe other side.
- Lift out when lightly golden and drain them on crumpled kitchen paper.
- Cut into 'finger size' slices and serve.