I got this recipe from Paula's Chinese Cookery Class. I thought I'd put too much ginger in at first but my partner (a ginger fan) loved it.
4 x 125g (approx) fish steaks of choice (salmon/cod/prawns, etc)
3 TBS sherry
2 TBS soy sauce
salt & pepper to taste
grated ginger root
1 spring onion, chopped
- mix together the sherry, soy sauce and salt & pepper.
- prepare some large squares of foil (doubled if barbecuing) to make the parcels
- place the fish in the centre of the foil
- top this with grated ginger, chopped spring onion, beansprouts and some of the sherry/sauce mix.
- fold and secure into parcels.
- barbecue or bake for about 20-25 mins or steam for less time (cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish)
- serve in the parcels letting everyone open their own.