twice baked potatoesrating:
- Potatoes- (suggested serving 1 per person)
- A little oil.
Brush the potatoes with the oil and put them onto a baking/roasting tray. Put into the oven and bake for at least an hour.
Remove from oven and leave to cool for about 5 minutes (we don't want them to get cold, just easier to handle). You'll need oven gloves for the next bit. Cut the potatoes in half length-ways. The scoop the flesh out into a bowl but take care not to break the skins. Mash the flesh up with the fork and then add your filling (see suggestions at the bottom of the page) and mix well. Now spoon the mixture back into the potato skins, place these back onto the baking/toasting tray and put back into the oven for a further 20 to 30 minutes or until browned. You can put them in for a shorter time (10 minutes) but then put them under a hot grill if they are not browned.
Filling suggestions (quantities are for 4 potatoes): Plain.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 medium sized Red Onion, chopped finely.
- 50g Red Cheddar, chopped into small (half cm) cubes.
Sour Cream and Chives
- Handful of chives finely chopped.
- A couple of tbsp sour cream