pasta with antipastorating:
For 2 hungry persons or 4 with a small appetite you will need:
- enough Pasta (any variety, preferably fresh)
- 2x 200gm tubs of Antipasto and/or Roast Peppers in marinade (or equivalent; you can even do your own!)
- 1 medium onion, preferably red, thickly sliced
- enough garlic, thickly sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
- 6 medium button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10-12 black olives
- a handful of pine nuts
- some basil leaves
- olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Put the pasta on to cook. When cooked, drain and keep warm.
- When the pasta is almost done, fry the onion and garlic in olive oil until translucent and just starting to caramelise.
- Add the tomatoes, stir for a minute or so then add the mushrooms and olives.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and add the tubs of antipasto with their marinade/oil . Cook for a further 2-3 minutes until everything is hot through.
- Add the basil leaves and pine nuts. Stir.
- Add the pasta and mix all together for a minute or two ensuring the pasta is well covered in the flavourful oil and vegetables.
- Serve with the Parmesan cheese and a robust red wine.