chocolate cracker snackrating:
I was given this recipe by a good friend and I absolutely went mad! It's fabulous and oh so easy to make!
Another name for it is "superbowl bark!"
1 Pkg Salted Crackers (You will need enough to make a flat layer on a baking sheet)
1 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Bag of chocolate chips / 200 gram sized chocolate bar
cooking time est: 15 minutes
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Spread parchment paper on large baking pan and cover with single layer of crackers. Set aside
3) Melt butter in microwave safe bowl/saucepan
4) Add brown sugar to butter mix AFTER removing from heat and blend. (the brown sugar may sink to bottom which is fine)
5) Pour sugar/butter mixture over crackers slowly so you are able to cover most of the crackers
6) Bake for 15 minutes
7) Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips/chocolate chunks over crackers. Use knife to spread the chocolate over the crackers as it melts
8) Add nuts [OPTIONAL]
9) Place in fridge for 1 hour
10) Remove and break it into pieces (bigger than bite sized!)
Store in fridge!