thai chicken with sweetcorn and red pepperrating:
From an old Safeway supermarket leaflet.
Serves 4. Prep & cooking time 30 mins
1 TBS (15ml) sunflower oil
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 red pepper, cut into strips
125g (one small pack) baby sweetcorn, sliced lengthways
4 skinless chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
a 400ml can of coconut milk
2-3 TBS (30-45ml) Thai red curry paste
600ml chicken stock
2 TBS (30ml) light soy sauce
a 250g packet of Chinese egg noodles
6 salad onions, sliced at an angle
1 pack fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan and fry the garlic for a few seconds. Toss in the red pepper and baby sweetcorn, then stirfry over a high heat for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Add the chciekn to the pan and cook for a further minute.
- Stir inthe coconut milk, curry paste, chicken stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, then simmer for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the egg noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave them to soak for two minutes then drain well.
- Add the salad onions and coriander to the curry and heat through until they are hot.
- Place the noodles into warmed bowls and spoon the chicken curry and it's sauce over them. Serve at once.