baked apricots with raspberriesrating:
Taken from the June 2005 issue of the BBC Good Food Magazine
ready in 30 minutes (plus cooling) serves 6
9 large apricots, halved and stoned
150ml white wine
1 tsp elderflower cordial
85g golden caster sugar
yoghurt or creme fraiche and toasted pistachios, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C / gas mark 4.
- Put the apricots, cut-side up, in a baking dish.
- Mix the wine and cordial together and pour over the apricots.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and cook for 20 minutes until the apricots start to turn brown.
- Leave to cool for five minutes then scatter the raspberries over the apricots and stir gently to coat the raspberries in the apricot juices.
- Leave to cool and serve with dollops of yoghurt or creme fraiche and a sprinkling of pistachios.
Per serving: 124 calories; 2g protein; 26g carbs; 1g fat (no sturated fat); 3g fibre; 15g added sugars; 1g salt