thai-style beef skewersrating:
Tornout of a magazine - can't remember which.
serves 4, ready in 25 minutes
450g rump steak
3 TBS thai red curry paste
200g light coconut milk
juice of half a lime
3 TBS soy sauce
rice and vegetables to serve.
1. Line a grill pan with foil and put the grill on to heat to medium-hot. Cut the steak into long, thin strips.
2. Mix the curry paste with the lime juice, soy sauce and coconut milk. Add the beef and toss well to coat.
3. Thread the beef onto skewers, bunching it up into a 'S' shape. Brush liberally with the coconut mixture.
4. Cook under a medium-hot grill for 15 minutes, turning and brushing with the marinade a couple of times during the cooking.
5. Five minutes before the end of the cooking time, place the remainng marinade intoa saucepan and simmer until very hot and slightly reduced / thickened.
6. Serve immediately with rice and veg.
Nutirion per serve (quarter of the above, doesn't include rice & veg): 220 kcals; 4g carbs; 12g fat (6g saturated fat),