250g (8oz) of self raising flour
5 tablespoons of coco powder
2 teaspoons of baking powder
300g (10oz) of butter or margarine
300g (10oz)soft brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
5 large eggs
One 20cm (8in) round cake tin
Heat your oven to 170 degrees C , 325 degrees F Gas mark 3
- Turn on your oven to the correct temperature.
- Next grease the tray.
- Now sift the flour,coco powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- Then put the margarine and sugar in to a different bowl then beat until it becomes creamy.Then add the vanilla essence and beat again.
- Afterwards crack one egg into the bowl with the flour then mix them together. Repeat this with each egg.
- Next pour the bowl with the margarine and sugar in to the bowl that has the flour in. then mix it all together.
- Then pour the mixture in to the tray.
- Finally place in the oven for 35-40 mins.
Then when out let it cool. then sit back, relax and enjoy.
Hope you like this recipe!