sticky toffee puddingrating:
Makes 6 mini ones
3oz pitted dates, roughly chopped
3oz Mixed dried fruit
¾tsp bicarb of soda
3oz unrefined dark muscovado sugar
3oz unrefined light Muscovado sugar
2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
6oz wholemeal SR Flour
6oz unrefined light muscovado sugar
4tbsp double cream
1oz Pecan nuts, roughly chopped
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C.Greese and base line 9floz cups or pudding moulds. Put the dates, dried fruit and bicarb of soda into a jug. Pour on 6floz boiling water.
2) Put the dark and light muscovado sugars into a bowl with the butter. Use an electric mixer to cream together until light and fluffy. Gradualy beat in the eggs, then sift in the flour and fold in the fruit mixture to combine.
3) Spoon into the prepared cups or pudding mouds. Put into a roasting tin, half fill with boiling water, then cover the entire tin with foil. Bake for 30 minutes until the puddings are risen, firm, yet springy. A knife pushed into the centre should come out clean.
4) For the sauce put the butter, light Muscovado sugar and cream into a pan and heat gently, stirring until the sugar is disolved.
5) To serve, turn puddings upside down onto plates, drizle over some toffee sauce and spinkle with pecan nuts.