chocolate crunch cakerating:
This is one of my favourite cakes to make and is a big hit with everyone who tries it. It is very simple and quick to make and brilliant to make with kids. It is also fantastic as a birthday or celebration cake as it is mouldable and can be made into any shape, or can be made in a baking tray for a teatime treat. Enjoy.
8oz (200g) Digestive biscuits
3oz (75g) Margarine
1tbsp Sugar (caster or ganulated)
1tbsp Golden syrup
1tbsp Cocoa powder
1. Crush the biscuits to fine crumbs and put in a large bowl.
2. Melt all other ingredients in a saucepan.
3. Pour the chocolate liquid over the biscuits and mix well.
4. Put into a baking tray or mould into a shape/shapes and put in the fridge.
5. Either eat as it is or decorate with icing, chocolate, smarties, chocolate buttons....anything you want to.
White Chocolate and Ginger Crunch:
For another sweet treat substitute the digestives for ginger biscuits and the cocoa powder for white chocolate. The mixture will be more gooey so you may want to use a few more biscuits.