smoked chicken and roasted vegetable saladrating:
Recipe is from a 2005 issue of the magazine NZ Healthy Food (www.healthyfood.co.nz)
2 golden kumara (sweet potato)
1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
2 capsicums (different colours if possible)
beans, mange tout or other green vegetable that can be roasted
a handful of toasted pinenuts
1 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary or basil)
a smoked chicken (or ordinary)
1 TBS honey mustard dressing
salt & pepper
olive oil to spray
1. preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Chop all the vegetables, except the tomatoes, into bite sized chunks and place in a large bowl.
3. Add the soy sauce, herbs, pinenuts, salt & pepper. Toss until the vegetables are coated in seasoning.
4. Line a large oven tray with baking paper and evenly layer the vegetable mix on the tray. Place the cherry tomatoes between the vegetables.
5. Give it all a very quick spray with olive oil.
6. Bake the vegetables for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through, turning once. The cooking time will vary depending on vegetables used and size of the chunks. When cooked, remove fromt he oven and leve to cool.
7. Remove the skin from the chicken and shred into a large bowl. Add the vegetables and dressing and toss until nicely mixed.
8. Serve with a garnish of sliced spring onions or a spinkling of sesame seeds.
Nutrition per serving (quarter of the above):
420 calories; 46.2g protein; 15.6g fat (3.6g saturated); 24.5g carbs (of which 9.3g sugars); 5g fibre; 320mg sodium; 70mg calcium; 3.7mg iron.